Well unless you decide to share with your kids, then you will need a bath to clean them up, because they will lick the bowls clean, but their faces will be full of chocolate.
Homemade No Bake Chocolate Pot De Creme Recipe
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 8 ounces dark or semi-sweet chocolate chopped or use chocolate chips (use a chocolate you enjoy eating without any extra sweetener, because there is no sugar in this recipe)
- Place chopped chocolate in a heat safe mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a saucepan slowly heat milk and cream.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk egg yolks.
- When the milk and cream begins to bubble at the edges, slowly add half to the egg yolks while whisking steadily. This tempers the egg yolks and prevents them from turning into scrambled eggs. Then add the yolk mixture to the saucepan and heat slowly until it begins to bubble at the edges again and thickens.
- Remove from heat and pour over chopped chocolate (though a strainer if necessary to remove any chunks of egg).
- Allow to sit for a minute and melt chocolate and then stir until smooth.
- Pour into individual serving dishes (small bowls, ramekins, jars, espresso cups, etc.).
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight to set.
- Serve topped with whipped cream if desired.
|After eating, bathe small children.|