So this isn't so much of a recipe, as an nudge to go make this quintessential summer treat. My kids loved the experience of making and eating these creamy chocolatey wonders.
Homemade Chocolate Covered Frozen Bananas Recipe
- 5-7 Bananas
- 1 (12 oz) package chocolate chips
- sprinkles or nuts (optional)
- Cut bananas in half and place on popsicle sticks (or in my case chopsticks). Place in freezer at least 30 minutes or until frozen. (At this point you have all natural, 100% fruit banana popsicles, perfect for an everyday treat. Also great for the teething baby in the house. But if you want to make something really special carry on.)
- Melt chocolate chips carefully in a double boiler or microwave.
- Dip frozen bananas in chocolate. I spread the chocolate around some of them with a spatula too.
- Dip in sprinkles or nuts if desired. (This was my boys favorite part!)
- You can eat them immediately, but they hold together a little better if you return them to the freezer for at least a few minutes. Once frozen you can also wrap them up and save for later.
|It's funny, I didn't realize there was a goat in the kitchen until now.|